Here we have something quite interesting.
This is the Kawlabo Micom Trainer.
It is a Japanese made z-80 processor based training board.It is used to either by Vintage computer hobbyists or by computer programming/engineering students.So basically its like having a reliable vintage computer in your palm, using vintage (recently produced) chips and architecture.
Here are the specs:
◆ Price ◆ (tax excluded)Main unit only (Manual CD, with i / o cable)36,200 yenComplete set (PC ~ MTZ cable + applied software + i / o cable + AC adapter included)¥ 46,200Training manual (the content of the manual CD is a book)¥ 2,600◆ Specifications ◆CPUZ80 (CMOS)clock2.5 MHzMemory capacityROM 32 Kbytes (CMOS)RAM 32 Kbytes (CMOS)InterfaceParallel I / O 8 bits × 3 (8255 A CMOS)Sound tone 3 channel noise 1 channelSerial transmission / reception 1 channelAudio outputSound speaker 40 mmPower supplyAA batteries × 4 or sold separately AC adapterEmbedded ROM program(1) Monitor(2) Serial transmission / reception(3) Sound generator control routine(4) Performance program(5) Sample music data(6) Utility routineThese micro computers have always been popular in Japan amongst hobbyists, it all started with NEC TK-80. Check it out, it basically Japan's first home computer.
This computer is complete set, they are sold directly by the company for 50,000 yen (inc tax) It has not been used or even removed from the plastic (bought for a project which never happened)
There is included DOS based software, AC cable (100V you will need a voltage converter in your country)It is a very high quality vintage style training computer.The manuals and training guides are all in Japanese, people with programming experience, or Japanese language skills will probably be OK working through these guides, or ask a Japanese friend or use translation software with the provided digital guide (on 3.5" disc)
Here is an explanation from the company website KAWLABO CO JP (translated)
· From the introduction of the Z80 microcomputer system, it is possible to consistently perform the program creation using the personal computer and debugging.
· The most popular 8255 A is used for the I / O port, the sound generator is built in, and it has the function of music performance.
· Variousinterfacesare prepared for the series, and it is possible to perform experiments of control and measurement by the microcomputer.
· It is contents which can sufficiently use not only training of understanding microcomputer but also evaluation experiment of practical equipment etc.A detailedmanual (pdf)useful for learning is attached.
There is also a manual (printed matter) (sold separately ¥ 2,730-)
· The microcomputer trainer becomes the I / O terminal of the personal computer!
Please feel free to ask any questions, I might be able to answer them.
Shipping from Adelaide Australia
$18 Australia wide
$40 USA, $60 Worldwide