For sale is this stunning (new) handcrafted Grand Orrery ---- with the following features:
Grand Orrery by Science Art - YouTube
Video will open in a new window
Using the App? Paste link into a browser window:
- Crank operated clockwork mechanism depicting correct relative orbital speed ofnineplanets along with correct Earth/Moon representation.
- When crank is turned Mercury orbits in about 4 seconds and Pluto takes about 2 hour (can be manually positioned easilyfor demonstration parameters).
- Twelve sided solid oak barrel housing on 12 solid brass spherical feet (padded).
- Customer Choice: Oneset of planetsis included:eithera semi-precious stone setORa solid brass set (moons are always stone).
- The clockworkmechanism is locatedabove a brass platen --- the brass crank is located on one side panel.
- Earth/Moon mechanism correctlydepicts the Moon orbiting Earth as Earth orbits the Sun.
- Gears are solidbrass.
- Acalender/zodiacal ring sits upon 12 brass pilasters which together sit atop and around the barrel housing.
- Above the moving planets rests a removable brass armillary half sphere which crowns the unit.
- Entire assembly takes about 5 minutes.
- Owners manual/assembly instructions included with 90 day warranty.
- Our regular retail price on the Grand Orrery is $1995.00.The assembled unit is 15" high 13" across.
- This handcrafted orrery is made by us.We are science instrument makers for 20 years and have sold thousands of orreries.
- Priority Mail Domestic is FREE and International shipping isFree
- DUTY is the responsibility of the buyer.