Soviet USSR ArmyDosimeter DKP-50A DKP50A
Radiometer / Geiger Counter / Radiation Detector
DescriptionDosimeter DKP-50A was a dosimeter produced for the Soviet's Army during the cold war era.Radiometer DKP-50Aindicates amount of radioactivity absorbed by the body. Each soldier was equipped in this device in case of nuclear conflict.DKP-50Awas worn attached to pocket or belt by means of the retaining clip. A scale has range of 0-50R (R = Roentgen, a legacy unit of exposure of X-rays and gamma rays). 500R in 5h is usually lethal.
The DKP-50A dosimeter is designed to monitor the accumulated dose of radiation that an individual soldier has been exposed to. It replaced the DKP-50 dosimeter that was used in the 1950's. Like all dosimeters, the DKP-50A is a simple electrometer. Inside the device there are two electrodes which are charged by means of an external electrical source. Both of the electrodes within the device have the same charge and repel each other. The charge on the electrodes is neutralized when ionizing radiation passes between the electrodes and the casing. This reduction in the charge causes an electrode to move away from its start point, this movement can be seen against a scale when the user looks through the device.
The DKP-50A radiometer is constructed of machined aluminum and comes with a small clear plastic cap to protect the charging contacts. This cap must be removed before the dosimeter can be charged and zeroed.
It's based on ionizing chamber that changes radioactivity radiation to an electric current, current discharges a capacitor that is also used as a power source. The device measures discharge of a capacitor over time. This is done by using a wire that accordingly changes its position and optic unit to make those results available for the operator.
- Measurement of gamma and X-ray radiation ambient dose equivalent
Interesting and informative video about radiation
What is Alpha, Beta and Gamma Radiation? - YouTube
Video will open in a new window
What is a Dosimeter? - YouTube
Video will open in a new window
Potential sources of radiation
berries and mushrooms)
Food (especially berries
and mushrooms) will definitely accumulate radiation if grow in
contaminated areas. These are not the best ingredients for your
nutrition or home-made jam. Mushrooms tend to absorb radiation from
soil as well. It is important to know that radiation which gets inside
of our bodies is the most dangerous. Check radiation safety of your
food (especially mushrooms and berries) and enjoy
It is great to have excellent workplace in a
comfortable office or have some rest sitting in your favorite chair at
home. But is there any chance you can be exposed to radiation?
Unfortunately, yes. Furniture can be made of radioactive wood as it
absorbs radiation. Granite can have high radiation level as well. Check
the radiation level of all your furniture.
Remember that construction materials can
contain natural radionuclides. That is why when building, choose the
materials carefully as they can pose a great threat to your health.
When moving to a new place, be sure to check that no radiation is there.
Radiologically contaminated toys can harm
your child’s health. Even a sandbox on a playground can pose a danger.
Control radiation level around to be sure you chose a right place to
play with your kids.
Cash can be radiologically contaminated for
definite purposes. The most common one is to track money during special
operations, but sometimes these banknotes can end up in our wallets.
Even a small amount of radiologically contaminated banknotes can harm a
large number of people. Be safe when deal with cash.
Radioactive fallouts may contaminate soils
in any corner of the world. Be sure to check radiation level in your
garden if you don’t want to raise contaminated fruits and vegetables.
Radiation which gets inside of our bodies is the most dangerous.
When travelling you can come across the
places of buried radioactive scrap metals or others contaminated
objects. Caving is such a fun if you are not exposed to high radiation
level there. It is better to enjoy outside activities if they’re safe.
We should pay great attention when buying
necklaces, rings or other jewelry. Precious metals and stones can have
high radiation level, especially zirconium which is the most commonly
used in jewelry items. That is why you should be careful if you don’t
want to pay “high” price. Jewelry should be decorative, not destructive.
Measurement ranges and
- The gamma radiation exposure dose range
0 - 50
- The range of exposure dose of gamma radiation
2 - 50
-The dose rate of radiation
0.5 - 200
- The main error in measuring gamma radiation doses
Operating temperature range
- 1 piece DKP-50A dosimeter-radiometer;
How to use it? Quick start guide1. Take a dosimeter and look through the dosimeter (as if through a telescope) to a VERY BRIGHT light source (this could be the sun or a very bright lamp, flashlight, torch etc). It is very simple to determine the direction in which it is necessary to look.If you look correctly - you will see a scale with numbers INSIDE the dosimeter. If you do not look correctly, you will not see anything.2. Inside the device you will see a scale with numbers and a very thin thread3. Depending on the radiation dose, the thread will move along the scale.Interesting video
Unboxing DKP-50 Soviet Geiger Counter!!!
Video will open in a new window
Using the App? Paste link into a browser window:
- 18 months Manufacturer's Warranty for
defective items (excluding items damaged and/or misused after receipt).
- Defective items must be reported and
returned to us within the warranty period (and in the original
packaging, if possible). You must tell us what the defect is and give
us your id. we do not repair or replace items with an expired
warranty. You agree to all of the above-listed policies upon offerding on
and winning this sale!
- The warranty excludes neglect (item has
signs of mechanical damage, liquid penetration etc) or unauthorized
repair. Warranty labels need to be intact. Avoid dirt accumulation on
dosimeter. Clean with soft fry fabric. While use in rain use special
- Buyer pays for returning the item for
- We accept payment via PAYPAL and Visa / MasterCard.
- Payment must be made within 3 days of
- Total amount due includes the final sale
price plus Shipping.
- Shipping will be determined based upon the
SHIP TO address.
PLEASE NOTE! Shipping does not
include duties, local taxes or any other importation fees
We ship to any country. This
item will be shipped to you from Europe (Ukraine) via registered
airmail (or groundmail) with tracking number and full insurance within
3 days (except for the weekends and holidays) after the payment is
fully received. Shipping to confirmed PayPal address only. If you want
your purchase to be shipped to other address, please, notify us via
personal messages or in the message to the purchase.
Typical Delivery Time
- European Countries:
about 7-10 days;
- USA, Japan & other:
about 10-14 days
Delivery time may increase because of postal services and/or customs.
Please, don't worry and check location of your parcel using provided
In spite of delays all lots have been successfully delivered!
Returns / Refunds
- You have 3 days to contact us and 5 days to
return decice from the date it was received. If this item is in your
possession more than 3 days, it is considered used and we will not
issue you a refund or replacement. There are no exceptions!
- All returned items must be in the original
packaging and you must provide us with the shipping tracking number,
specific reason for the return, and your ID.
- We will refund your full winning offer
amount, upon receipt of the item in its original condition and
packaging with all components and accessories included, after both
Buyer and Seller cancel the transaction from or you may choose to
have a replacement.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the Buyer.Attention! Important information.Dear customer, we thank you for your interest in our products!Please, pay you attention to the following.We know that many countries have customs duties.
Therefore, whenever we send packages to our customers, we ALWAYS use the following algorithm:
1. WeALWAYSattach to our goods a customs declaration in which the cost of the goods/parcelDOES NOT EXCEED $ 20!Therefore, if you buy any product in our shop with a value exceeding $ 20 (or you buy several goods with a total purchase price of more than $ 20), you should know thatWE ALWAYS REDUCE THE CUSTOMS VALUE OF THE GOODSand indicate the cost of the goods/parcel in the customs declaration alwaysNO MORE THAN $ 20.
2. WeALWAYSput a"GIFT"mark on our parcels in customs documents.
3. If the real value of the goods exceeds the price of $ 20, thenWE NEVER ATTACH AN INVOICEto our goods/parcelsINDICATING THE REAL VALUE OF THE GOODS. We attach to our parcels customs documents in which the value of the goods is indicated asEQUAL TO $ 20.If any other laws apply in your country, please let us know. We will indicate in the accompanying customs documentation any value of the goods (even $ 10, if necessary), we will also indicate in the customs documentation any description of the goods that you tell us.
4. We alwaysSHIPour packagesWITH TRACKER NUMBER.Therefore, you can track your purchase at any point along the route from our store to your home!
5. In each of our parcels we put a small gift for our customer.This gift is a discount card for a trip to the Chernobyl exclusion zone. Therefore, if you want to visit the Chernobyl exclusion zone, write to us about it! We are happy to organize for you a magnificent and unforgettable tour to Chernobyl and Pripyat.
Buying goods in our store -- you can be calm.You do not have to pay additional fees or customs duties when you receive the goods in your country and you can always track the location of your package.
Have a nice shopping!